Ceramic Braces, also known as clear braces, work the same way metal braces do but feature brackets made of tooth-colored ceramic materials. They blend in with your teen’s smile, making them much less obvious.
Why Do I Need Braces?
Beyond outward appearances, untreated dental problems can have a lasting impact on your teen’s oral and overall health. Some common dental problems include:
- Crooked, crowded or blocked-out teeth
- Missing or extra teeth
- Spacing and gaps between the teeth
- Overbites or underbites
- Incorrect jaw position
- Disorder of the jaw joint
Properly aligned teeth and jaws have many benefits, including:
- Reduced risk of wear and tear, chipping and tooth trauma over time
- Easier to clean, helping to prevent cavities and tooth decay
- Less prone to gingivitis and gum disease, which cause bone loss and tooth loss
- Improved speech, as well as, proper chewing and digestion of food