EARLY TREATMENT OPTIONS
- PALATAL EXPANDERS: This special appliance widens the roof of the mouth, allowing room for crowded teeth to grow naturally and/or expands the upper jaw to more closely fit the lower jaw. READ MORE
- WILDSMILES: A unique alternative to traditional braces, designed to make braces fun! They come in a variety of FUN shapes including: stars, hearts, soccer balls, footballs, flowers, and Super-Diamonds®. READ MORE
- INVISALIGN FIRST: Invisalign created a clear aligner system for children ages 7-10 called Invisalign First®. This unique system can help with spacing issues, expand dental arches, and even leaves space for new teeth to come in as your child grows. READ MORE
- FUNCTIONAL APPLIANCES: Functional appliances can be fixed or removable, and are used to redirect jaw growth.
- HEADGEAR: Mostly worn at night, the headgear (or “nightbrace”) is used to treat an overbite, with the upper jaw forward of the lower jaw, or an underbite with the lower jaw forward of the upper jaw. Headgear gently “pulls” on your teeth to restrict or enhance forward growth of your upper teeth and jaw.
- SPACE MAINTAINERS: Space maintainers hold room for the eruption of permanent teeth. A lower lingual holding arch is a type of space maintainer that fits inside of the lower teeth, from molar to molar, preventing the lower molars from moving forward.
Orthodontic care is not a “one size fits all” approach. Each patient has a unique problem that requires a unique treatment plan. What is right for one child may not be right for another. The diagnosis of your child’s problem and the treatment plan are the result of study of your child’s mouth and diagnostic records. Please contact our office to schedule a complimentary orthodontic evaluation to determine the appropriate treatment at the appropriate time for your child!