You’ve just heard the three words that every teen dreads: “YOU NEED BRACES!”
Don’t worry! Braces aren’t nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and more stylish than in the past. Our practice offers a variety of braces types and styles to choose from, so you can have braces your way!
- Lingual (Behind the Teeth) Braces
- Self-Ligating Braces
- Colorful Elastics for a Unique and Stylish Smile!
Why Do I Need Braces?
Beyond outward appearances, untreated dental problems can have a lasting impact on your teen’s oral and overall health. Some common dental problems include:
- Crooked, crowded or blocked-out teeth
- Missing or extra teeth
- Spacing and gaps between the teeth
- Overbites or underbites
- Incorrect jaw position
- Disorder of the jaw joint
Properly aligned teeth and jaws have many benefits, including:
- Reduced risk of wear and tear, chipping and tooth trauma over time
- Easier to clean, helping to prevent cavities and tooth decay
- Less prone to gingivitis and gum disease, which cause bone loss and tooth loss
- Improved speech, as well as, proper chewing and digestion of food